THORNRIDGE LIBRARY POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Student ID Policy
1. Students must have a valid/current Thornirdge High School ID in order to enter the library. Temporary IDs that have the current date are acceptable.
2. Once students enter the library, they are required to complete a TR Library Use Contract. Once a contract has been completed, they will be given a sticker to place on their hard card school ID.
1. All classes should be scheduled preferably two days in advance, in person.
2. Teachers should complete a Project Planning Form and submit the form to a Librarian. This aids in the facilitation and implementation of the assignment.
3. No long-term or repetitious scheduling will be reserved. This measure is necessary to ensure that all staff members have an opportunity to access our services.
4. Teachers may schedule up to three consecutive days per school week.
5. The computer assisted instruction areas in the library constitute an academic environment. The purpose is to assist students and teachers with research and project development relevant to stated course content and objectives. Activities not meeting this criteria should be carried out in alternative computer settings.
6. In the event that the classroom teacher is absent, the substitute teacher should remain in the classroom with an alternate lesson plan provided by the teacher. The class will be rescheduled for another day.
1. All board approved school rules will be enforced in the library.
2. In particular, no student will be admitted while in possession of any hat or coat.
3. All students should have their ID displayed around their neck upon entering the library.
4. Students are not allowed to have any type of candy, food or drinks in the library. Teachers are asked to lead their classes through example while visiting the library.
5. Teachers are expected to remain with and supervise their classes at all times while visiting the library. Please do not leave your assigned library area unsupervised.
6. Teachers should assist in greeting/managing students as they enter the library.
Printing in the Library
1. Students may only print academic work.
2. No web pages may be printed. Information from the web must be pasted into a word processing document before printing.
3. Students are limited to 5 pages of printing per day for free. Each page thereafter will be printed at a cost of $0.10 per page.
4. PowerPoints and other graphical presentations should be printed in handout format.
Printing stops the last 5 minutes of each class period. There is no printing in between classes.
Passes to the Library
1. Teachers may send a maximum of 3 students on individual passes at a time to the library.
2. Substitute teachers may NOT write passes to the library.
3. Passes written last five minutes of class or in between passing periods are not accepted.
4. The only acceptable library pass is the student's official Thornridge student hanbook. Students will give their handbook/passbook to a librarian and sign in at the Reference Desk.
5. Teachers are asked to ensure that students coming to the library have an educational activity to engage in. Students that are off task will be asked to return to their class.
6. If a student is asked to leave the library the teacher who issued the pass will be notified with the reason for removal.
Lunch in the Library
1. Students may come to the library instead of going to lunch.
2. Students must arrive before the tardy bell and stay the entire lunch period.
3. Students will have their ID scanned at the Reference Desk. Students using the library during lunch may read or be engaged in individual study activities.
CP in the Library
Students attending CP in the library will have their ID scanned at the Reference Desk.
Students may check out up to 2 books at a time (only 1 book can be fiction/graphic novel/short story). Book checkout is done at the Circulation Desk. Late, damaged, or unretuned materials are subject to fines and replacement costs. Books that are returned late are charged $0.10 per day, per book.
Please contact one of the Thornridge Librarians with any questions or concerns.