The Business and Computer Education Department serves all students. Students have the opportunity to learn business concepts, computer applications, and consumer skills. The students use computers and technology as tools for learning and gaining knowledge of business expectations, work ethics, and career opportunities. Students also are able to develop in the following areas: teamwork, communications, and problem-solving skillls. All of these skills are necessary in order to become contributing members of the work force.
The Business and Computer Education Department follows the recommendations as set forth by the SCANS Report, the Department of Labor, Illinois State Goals, South Suburban Career Development System, and Illinois Business Education Association.
1. Understanding the principles of communication as applied
in the business world.
2. Understanding his/her role as a consumer and contributing
member of the work force in our global economic system.
3. Understand the use of business and computer technology.
4. Understand the on-going career planning and preparation
5. Understand the practices and procedures of the business