The Driver Education, Health, and Physical Education Programs provide students with a wide range of physical and academic needs and interests. These programs provide opportunities for students to develop decision-making, safe-driving, physical, and recreational skills that lead to healthy life-styles. The students will be prepared to assume responsibility for their wellness and citizenship.
1. Understand and appreciate the physical development, structure, and functions
of the human body and relate this understanding to healthy life-style choices.
2. Understand and value the principles of nutrition, exercise, efficient emotional
stress management, positive self-concept development, drug use and abuse,
and illness prevention and treatment.
3. Understand the principles of consumer health and safety, including environmental
4. Develop the skills necessary to participate in a variety of lifetime activities.
5. Understand the value of a personal wellness program.
6. Understand a variety of basic life-saving activities.
7. Understand the importance of becoming a safe and defensive driver.
8. Understand the importance of sportsmanship, team work, and appropriate